lunes, 20 de junio de 2016

COFFEE BOOK TAG

Hi there! Well, next year I'm going to study English at university so I realice I need to improve my level. That's the reason I've decided to make some reviews or any booktag in this languaje. 

I really love coffee, and that's the #CoffeeBookTag so, let's start.

BLACK: NAME A SERIES THAT’S TOUGH TO GET INTO BUT HAS HARDCORE FANS.

The First Law (Joe Abercrombie)

Okay, this summer I pretend to read all the books from this awesome author but, please, look at them, too many pages and time is constantley running out so... 

But don't be mad. As I told you, I wanted to read all of them before 20th of July because Abercrombie will participate in the Celsius festival here in Spain and I should be know what he had written before I start to scream as a fangirl.




PEPPERMINT MOCHA: NAME A BOOK THAT GETS MORE POPULAR DURING THE WINTER OR A FESTIVE TIME OF YEAR.


Neimhaim (Aranzazu Serrano Lorenzo)


Oh come on, just look the cover, that absolutly reminds me the cold of winter. It's another long book (859 pages) but I'm sure it'll be awesome.

It's another novel I haven't read yet, but it's fantasy and, as you can see, I really enjoy fantasy. 

I heard the story it's about vikings so, when I finally read it, I'll told you how was my experience.

Also, I'm always happy to promote national authors.



HOT CHOCOLATE: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDREN’S BOOK?


Memorias de Idhun (Laura Gallego Garcia)


Oh my god, I have so many feelings about this triology. Really. This books were so important for me when I was a teenager and I always will remember them with so much love. 


Also, you can read it regardless of your age. It's good fantasy. Not as dark as SOIAF or that kind of books, but it's still good fantasy.

Even if the books are theorically for teenagers, the characters and the plot are complex and also the story  is really lovely.



DOUBLE SHOT OF ESPRESSO: NAME A BOOK THAT KEPT YOU ON THE EDGE OF YOUR SEAT FROM START TO FINISH.

Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

Yeah, you're right that's not exactly a book but it is completily adictive. Sandman is considered one of the most important graphic novel of all times and, trust me, it deserves that fame. The plot, the characters, everything it's completily complex and interesting. 

So there's another book you should read

However, there are something that you should considered before start readings this comics. They are so great, but expensive. So be sure you can afford them, because when you start reading the first of them, you'll probably will need the next.



STARBUCKS: NAME A BOOK YOU SEE EVERYWHERE.


Lady Midnight (Cassandra Clare)

IT'S EVERYWHERE. IN EVERY LIBRARY. Just stop it. I don't like Shadow's Hunter and I'm not against people who read this books, but the marketing is too much. So just please stop it. 

Thank you.

P.S..: When will this saga end? Ten books? Cassandra, please, create another universe, this is so mainstream now.





THAT HIPSTER COFFEE SHOP: GIVE A BOOK BY AN INDIE AUTHOR A SHOUTOUT


Game of Thrones (George R. R. Martin)

I swear by the old and the new gods that this is true. I read de first book before de TV show started and I'm so cool because of that.

Just kidding, but the rest is true. The next novels I read it during seasons two and three, but the first will be always my little son because of that.

Also I pretend to read Winds of Winter as soon as Martin finished it



OOPS! I ACCIDENTALLY GOT DECAF: NAME A BOOK YOU WERE EXPECTING MORE FROM.



The gunslinger (Stephen King)

Interesting plot. Adictive story. Complex characters. But I don't like the way it has been writting

Sorry but I'm not going to lie. Good idea, bad execution.

And yeah, that was the first book from Stephen King that I read it, so maybe I don't really into his worlds or something, but I probably give him a second chance.






CHAI TEA: NAME A BOOK OR SERIES THAT MAKES YOU DREAM OF FAR OFF PLACES.



Elantris (Brandom Sanderson)

I just want to walk these streets to see if they are as I imagine in my mind. 

The descripcions are incredible, and I when you read this book, you can touch the walls in you mind because Brandom Sanderson make it possible.



EARL GREY: NAME YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC.


1984 (George Orwell)

I can't choose just one clasic but I have a special relation with this book.

Maybe because it was the first dystopia that I ever read, maybe because Orwell was a genuis. I don't really know. 

But every time I read, my minds discover something new. And I love this feeling.



Just a friendly reminder: it's been like a year since I don't practice english so, please, be nice with my grammar and vocabulary and forgive my mistakes. Thank you so much.


Hope you enjoy it!


1 comentario:

  1. Buenos comentarios, pero tienes que trabajar mucho tu inglés.
    No tienes demasiadas faltas de ortografía, pero la estructura de tus frases está mal, usas pronombres cuando no debes, los tiempos verbales no concuerdan, etc.
    Y una última cosa, usas mal la palabra "pretend", creo que crees que significa pretender, pero en realidad significa fingir o aparentar.
    Perdón por tanta corrección, no he podido resistirlo. Igualmente me gustan mucho tus reseñas así que sigue así.

    ResponderEliminar